Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tin of corned beef
- 1 medium white or red onion
- 200g cold new potatoes
- 1tsp tomato purée or 1 tinned tomato, chopped (if desired)
- 1 tin of baked beans to serve (alternatively use frozen peas if desired)
- Finely chop the onion and cube the corned beef and cold potatoes.
- Fry the onion until soft, then add the corned beef and potatoes.
- Cook until corned beef softens and add the tomato is desired.
- Serve with either baked beans or peas.
This is a very quick and easy recipe to which you could add many things dependent on your tastes and preferences. If you do not fancy baked beans or peas you could also try serving this with a salad or homemade coleslaw.
Let me know if you try this recipe and any alternatives you try.
Hope you enjoy this meal as much as me.
One thought on “Corned Beef Hash – My favourite war time recipe”
That actually looks good. I haven’t purchased canned corned beef in years, but I think I will now. I have the Eating for Victory book and don’t recall seeing that in there, but I do want to try this.