As a freelance historian based in Lincolnshire, UK, I offer a variety of services relating to historical talks, education, displays and advice on set dressing and costume.
Please contact me at email@example.com with any enquiries and to ask for a quote.
- Advice on period correct outfits for re-enactors/living history and film/TV. For time periods covering 1935-1955.
- Advice on home interiors set dressing for film, TV, static displays. For time periods covering 1935-1955.
Talks and Education
- Talks on various topics relating to 1940s Britain – suitable for the W.I. , community groups, museums, public and private events. Examples include:
- 1940s hair and makeup
- The Women’s Land Army
- 1930s/40s interior and domestic items
- 1930/40s women’s fashion
- Education sessions for KS1, KS2, KS3 – Land Girls, Wartime fashion, Women at work in WW2, Children in wartime.
- Object handling boxes for KS1 and KS2 educational outreach.
I offer small static displays, featuring original period objects, with item interpretation and handling opportunities. These are available for public and private events.
Example of display topics include:
- 1930/40s fashion
- 1930/40s domestic life
- 1940s kitchen and cookery
- Women’s Land Army
- Early 20th century plastics (from 1930s – 1950s)
- Example images
If you would like to request a service/topic not listed above, please get in contact to discuss additional possibilities via firstname.lastname@example.org